Migrants Resource Centre and Asylum Aid are beginning an ambitious new strategy. This is to make Britain a place where everyone can achieve their potential no matter what their starting point. Now we are one of the UK’s leading migrant-led charities. Every year we help thousands of people secure their immigration status, learn English, find work, and participate fully in society. Therefore, we think it’s time for a change.
From April, we will be Consonant. Meaning ‘to be in harmony with’, people who are ‘consonant’ work well together. In other words, they get on and they complement each other. We bring people together to celebrate our diversity and participate in society. Our new name therefore reflects our ambition to make Britain a place where everyone can belong.
The new Consonant brand identity celebrates the diversity of the UK. It celebrates MRC’s and Asylum Aid’s proud 30 year-long history promoting inclusion through legal support, skills development and community building.
A place where everyone can belong
Wayne Myslik, CEO of the newly named Consonant said “At the core of our new brand is the idea that Britain can be a place where everyone can belong and achieve their potential. Regardless of their starting point, Consonant will help people to live better lives, whether that means living in a safe environment without conflict or violence, learning a new language to get a fulfilling job, or working with neighbours to improve communities for everyone that lives there.”
“As Consonant we will have a strong brand in order to bring people together from all backgrounds and experiences. In this way we will build more deeply integrated communities and ensure people, families and businesses have what they need to thrive. We are hugely grateful for the support of the team at Curious who have freely given their time and expertise to bring our vision to life”.
Behind our brand
Curious, based in London, supported Consonant to develop the brand pro-bono in a partnership that began in early 2018. John Hall, Director at Curious said:
“We’ve thoroughly enjoyed working on this project with the team at Consonant. It’s been a truly rewarding experience to discover more about the great work the charity does. From the crucial legal advice they provide right through to English language lessons and even entrepreneurial courses, we discovered that everything they do is aimed at bringing everyone together to create a sense of belonging. We were keen to capture this idea of ‘everyone belonging’ when it came to developing the brand, and we’re delighted with the result. We can’t wait to see how it will grow and develop.”
The brand was formally launched in April 2019.
Notes to Editors
- Migrants Resource Centre (MRC) and Asylum Aid formally became Consonant in April 2019.
- MRC merged with Asylum Aid in 2016, becoming one organisation. We provide legal advice to help people fleeing persecution and violence to live safely in the UK. We also assist individuals and businesses overcome legal barriers to living and working in the UK.
- Consonant helps people acquire the skills and knowledge needed so they can build successful lives in the UK, like English and computer skills. We help people improve their job prospects, find work and get more involved in the communities and decisions that affect them. We campaign to address the imbalances in the immigration system so it is made fairer for everyone.
- Media enquiries to email@example.com 07483 120 703.
- Consonant would like to express its sincere gratitude to the extremely talented team at Curious for their support in developing this brand. Visit their website here.