Gain the skills to have your voice heard on the issues that matter to you
Do you have a story to tell? Do you want to build the skills to tell it and meet others who want to change things in their community? If so, this free course is for you.
In a one-day workshop, we will:
- learn how to think on our feet
- develop presentation and public speaking skills
- learn the fine art of story-telling
- practise giving and taking/applying feedback
- learn how to make and edit our own videos
- develop strategies for sharing our stories
- make news friends
- find out about opportunities to help migrants and refugees in the UK through storytelling.
Participants will practise and develop their skills in each of these areas. The course is aimed at people who are interested in issues that affect migrants and refugees in the UK. We welcome people from all backgrounds. A good level of English is required to make the most of this course.
Before arriving, participants are asked to be prepared to talk for just one minute about one of the following. You don’t have to be an expert!
- Brexit: what does it mean for EU citizens?
- Lift the Ban: why should asylum seekers be allowed to work in the UK?
- Refugee protection: how can we ensure women are protected?
- Integration: why is the right to vote important?
Wednesday 19 June, 10am to 4pm
Consonant, 25 Ashley Road, N17 9LJ, Tottenham Hale (2 minute walk from the Victoria Line)
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. Travel expenses will be reimbursed for asylum seekers, refugees, stateless people and people who are unwaged. Please bring receipts for travel.
Please bring a smartphone to work on the video aspect of this training. Please let us know if this will not be possible.
To register, please email email@example.com